Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Post Christmas Metabolism Booster

Feeling a little sluggish from all the holiday cheer??  Then you need to do this workout!  This will get your fat cells in a frenzy....seriously.

Try and push yourself as hard as you can.  We timed each set and tried to beat it on each successive set.  This workout is great because it can be a workout on its own, or it can supplement a cardio session or a weight session- depending on your fitness goals (i.e. fat loss vs. lean muscle gain).  This includes all body weight exercises so there are no excuses to why you can't do it.  However, you can add some dumbbells to some of the exercise if you wish.

So here you go..... my belated Christmas gift to you!  I hope it makes you Merry (embrace those post workout endorphins).


The 100 Workout:

Complete 5 rounds of:

20 mountain climbers (per leg)
20 burpees (with a jump, but no push-up)
20 squats (grab a weight if you have it.... if no weight, feel free to do jump squats to push yourself)
20 donkey kicks
20 lunges (per leg... again, grab a weight if you have it)
20 push-ups
20 squat jacks

Donkey Kicks:


Squat Jacks: 





***Let me know if you need pictures of any of these exercises.


And here is a recap of my awesome Christmas Season:

I LOVE Christmas, and cherish the season spent with family and friends.  I was able to go "home" for a few days and it was so great!  My husband doesn't think I should still call it "home," but when you grow up in a small town "home" means something more, I think.  We spent our days playing games, playing basketball, working out, shooting guns, relaxing, catching up with family, and most importantly celebrating and pondering the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ....It was perfect!

My mom even caught this moment of me catching up with these beauties.  We decided we're all excited for warmer temperatures come spring, so we can spend time together riding in the mountains.  


No comments:

Post a Comment