Pages

Monday, January 6, 2014

All You Need is a Jump Rope

YAY!  You are going on vacation!.... but wait, no gym?!  This is when I start to ask myself, "Can I run everyday for a whole week?"  "What am I going to do for my workout?"  This is where the vacation idea is maybe not quite so appealing.... I know I'm crazy.

We've all had this conversation in our head at one time or another.  Maybe it wasn't due to the opportunity of a vacation (sorry to get your hopes up).  Maybe it was a work trip, staying with friends or family, or just not making the trip to the gym.  Whatever the case, you don't have access to the basic equipment for a fitness guru like yourself. 

Well, for those instances, I have saved the day (or week)!  All you need is a jump rope!  It is cheap, easy to store, and will fit in your suitcase quit nicely.  Plus, it can still provide you with a great workout- and include variety!

P.S. This saved me over the Christmas holiday.

All You Need is a Jump Rope Workout:

Complete each exercise for 1 minute.  Alternate each exercise with 1 minute of jump rope.  Rest time will depend on your fitness level, but rest as little as possible in between exercise.  (suggestion 0-30 seconds)

Circuit #1
Squats
Jump rope
Pushups
Jump rope
Plank knee to elbow
Jump rope
Lunge jumps
Jump rope
Plank to pushup

**Complete 2-3 rounds

Circuit #2
Speed skater hops
Jump rope
Shoulder pushups
Jump rope
flutter kicks
Jump rope
Burpees with a pushup and jump
Jump rope
mountain climbers
Jump rope

**Complete 2-3 rounds


No comments:

Post a Comment